Twenty 2 Dental, in Weston-super-Mare, are continually striving to provide our patients with the newest and most innovative treatments, which is why our team of highly trained professionals are delighted to be able to offer advanced treatments using the CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) scanner, a state of the art scanning machine used to produce incredible 3D images. Our Cone beam CT delivers accurate scans with images comparable to medical CTs with a much lower radiation dose, using a machine similar to traditional dental x-ray machine, with the patient stood or seated (as opposed to a tunnel) and quicker scan times.
We are proud to be the first dental practice in the South West of England to offer the exceptional image quality and safety of the Morita Veraviewepocs 3D R100 CBCT scanner, an amazing piece of equipment that is packed with impressive features. With this technology we can offer high resolution images of both upper and lower jaws down to single tooth scan details, with reduced radiation dose, at high speed.
WHAT IS A CBCT SCANNER?
A CBCT scanner is a high-tech and modern imaging machine, which is capable of producing incredibly detailed internal views of the mouth and jaws. A CBCT scanner uses very low doses of radiation to produce amazing 3D images of the teeth and the surrounding structures. Unlike traditional X-rays, CBCT scanners can distinguish between different types of tissue and this enables the dentist to see structures in and around the mouth in greater detail and from a greater veriety of angles.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A CBCT SCANNER?
The Morita Veraviewepocs 3D R100 CBCT scanner has a range of benefits for both our dental professionals and patients. For our dentists, these benefits include:
- The scanner produces incredibly accurate and detailed images, which are extremely beneficial during the detection and diagnosis of oral health problems and structural abnormalities.
- Scanned images can be used to monitor the efficacy of treatment and can also aid in the planning of treatment.
- Dentists can use the detailed images to talk openly to patients about oral health conditions and more easily explain how treatment will work.
- CBCT scanners also improve accuracy and reduce the risk of mistakes, as they provide incredibly detailed images and allow dentists to assess the risk of a procedure or course of treatment.
Advantages of CBCT scanning technology for our patients include:
- The efficacy of treatment is increased and potential risks and mistakes are greatly reduced.
- This advanced form of technology can help to put the patient’s mind at ease, as images can be used to explain how a procedure is going to work.
- This allows the patient an improved understanding of the treatment and enables them to be better prepared.
- Nervous or anxious patients are able to be better informed about the workings of a particular oral health problem or dental treatment.
WHAT ARE CBCT SCANNERS USED FOR?
CBCT scanners are becoming increasingly important, as dentistry evolves and becomes more dependent on technology. The Morita Veraviewepocs 3D R100 CBCT scanner used at Twenty 2 Dental has a wide range of uses in the field of dentistry, including:
- Dental implant planning and placement
- Minimally invasive Guided Implant Surgery such as All-on-4™.
- Diagnosis and detection of infections and tumours
- Oral surgery
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) diagnosis and evaluation
- Complex endodontic cases
- Orthodontic treatment
- Periodontal disease
The Morita Veraviewepocs 3D R100 CBCT scanner
The new generation in x-ray diagnostics
The new Veraviewepocs 3D R100 is a multifunctional unit, which offers 3D and panoramic images. What sets this device apart is its new, and completely unique dental arch field of view. This ground-breaking function enables a view of the entire dental arch while avoiding unnecessary soft tissue. This reduced dosage is a benefit for the patient, too. A form of advanced technology that we believe will have ongoing benefits for patients and dentists at our practice for the years to come.
Find out if our 3D-Imaging could help you have the smile you deserve.
For more information about how treatment with dental implants can enhance your smile, talk to one of our friendly & helpful team on 01934 620220 or e-mail [email protected].